I had just read an article in a local US magazine. It's kind of informative so would like to share it with u all. What you eat affects how u feels. When stress strikes us ( likelihood is pretty high in this compeititive world now), consuming omega-3 fats could actually help to lower anxiety over time. The first food that came into my mind is salmon. Yummy baked salmon in cream sauce. *Drools* Hahaha.....
When we feel blue, there's a reason why we do crave for heaping bowls of pasta. Carbs raise a feel-good- brain chemical called serotonin. But this carbs do contribute alot to weight gain, so better option out is to go for whole grains such as popcorn or oatmeal which will stay with us longer than the white carbs.
For me, when I feel down in the dump, I will certainly crave for sweet stuff esp. pastries ( those fluffy creamy puffs or custard puffs or even my all time fav egg tarts!). Some times, I will take a long walk back home from the MRT station, which I will take my own sweet time to walk and think about stuff. After reaching home, will take a long warm shower bath, followed by a nice dinner by mum. Somehow, I will manage to feel better after that. If that still does not help, I will blog or msn with my closer friends to talk it out, keeping stuff within me will make me feel 'sick' which I always prefer not to. Blogging is one good outlet for ranting at times! Sometimes as u blog, u might even thought of the solution for the problem that u might be stuck with.
Eventually, every individual will have their own unique way of de-stressing themselves :)Labels: My loves in life
writtern @3:56 PM