07-08-09 marks the arrival of our baby Jaden! =) It was totally out of anticipation and all of us were caught by surprise. Water bag broke in the morning at 8.33am and rushed to hospital by 12 plus and labour ended by 4.44pm. After about 1 hr plus of pushing, baby Jaden was placed in my arms, his body still covered with my blood and hubby cut the umbilical cord for Jaden. Mum was abit teary and she said she was touched to be able to see me giving birth. True enough, back in spore, only hubby will be allowed into the labour room to witness the birth of the child (heard only for natural birth, c-section is not allowed). Over here in States, they allow max of 3 people into the labour room. I did not shed a single drop of tears which I'm surprised too! I thought I would cry, either cry of pain or joy. But I did not. Haaha... My doc was a funny man and he cracked jokes to let me relax myself =) I'm fortunate to meet a jovial doc and gd nurses during my labour. At least they made my labour process not a stressful ordeal. Seriously, I did not feel any pain during labour due to the strong effect of epidural. It was really a powerful shot! I did not even feel the contractions which was almost killing me before I took epi. However, the side effects of the shot slowly emerged as the effect faded off. Experienced severe backaches from waist area till lower waist and even lying down on the bed seemed quite uncomfortable. Turning from side to side is a chore too. =( No wonder some friends encouraged me not to take the shot if I am able to endure the pain. But I really cannot imagine the amt of pain that one needs to go through w/o this powerful shot. I admire those women who can actually go natural w/o epi during delivery! I had been home for 8 days now with Baby Jaden. Mum is doing confinement for me and for the 1st few days, I did not have much appetite to eat. Mum confined me to stay upstairs. Mum cooks, and hubby will bring the food up for me to eat. Now, most of the household chores are done by hubby and mum. And one of the bad thing is, I can't see my Jingle boy! Jingle is confined to 1st floor as mum is worried that the dog's fur might trigger health probs in Jaden as he's still a small baby. I need to stay upstairs till my wound completely heals, i guess that would take some time as I could still feel the pain right now as I'm typing.
Mum had a few rules for me during confinement. Cannot shower for 1st 3 days and no washing of hair till the 12th day. Cannot shower is still ok, cos I had been staying at hospital (bed rest) and home, as long as did not perspire, it's still tolerable. BUT... as for washing of hair! It's so unbearable! I used to wash hair everyday. It had been 8th day since my last wash. I cannot take it anymore! Going to break the rule and wash hair today!
Today, Eunice, Juliet and their hubbies came over to visit baby Jaden. Eunice's baby had grown up so much and different from last time I saw her. She resembles her daddy more now. As for Jaden, all said he looks so much like CY, just like photocopied smaller v ersion of him. Ofc, daddy was grinning from ear to ear when he heard that. :p True lah, I also hope Jaden will look more like daddy cos he's a boy. Not that he totally don't look like me. At least his foot totally resembles mine! :) Hahaha
Now stepping into motherhood, an entirely different phase of life. Lots of changes in life to be made as whatever we want to do now, we have to take our baby into consideration. No longer like a couple life. I'm happy and very ready to change my lifestyle for my baby. Friends had been telling me during my pregnancy, that life would be different, not as much time to stay infront of my lappie and chit chat with my friends on msn, surf net or watch online shows. My life would be evolving around changing diapers and feeding him every few hrs or so. I'm into 3rd week of confinement. Looking forward to end of confinement and ofc Jaden's baby shower. A pity that my friends and cy's cannot attend our baby's shower. However, we planned to hold Jaden's 1st year birthday in Spore next year when we are back. :)Labels: All about Jaden and Jingle